Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Reflections

“Study without reflection is a waste of time; reflection without study is dangerous.” Confucius

This summer I have been exploring - studying - some of the concepts, tools and applications of a world I came to late in my career, the world of Web 2.0. It's time to pause for a moment and reflect on what I've learned.

I understand that students are entitled to an education grounded in the 21st century, since that is the context of their lives. I know that it may be difficult for me to obtain access to many of the new technologies within the constraints of my school facility, but it's my responsibility to enrich my students' curriculum in any way that I can and to extend their experiences beyond the boundaries of their small town.

Learning must occur for them, for me, for us. I need to be their advocate, their guide, their partner, even their student.

And I realize that, after reflection, comes a time for action.

“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.”
-
Buddha


No comments: