Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Hundred Echoes

"When there is an original sound in the world, it makes a hundred echoes." -John A. Shedd

The following was the first posting
on my new blog. Please stop in and visit, if you have the chance.

"Pourquoi? Pourquoi pas?"

When I was in college, I went to a screening of the French classic, "A Man and a Woman". During the film's most famous conversation, one of the characters asked "Why?"; "Why not?" replied the other.

Clay Burell directed me to Quotiki, a site for saving and searching quotations, but my efforts to contribute have been largely ignored or rejected. So I decided to start another blog solely as a repository for the quotes that are now clogging my document files. Why not?

The title and tag will indicate the theme. If Clay, or anyone else, can explain how to widgetize my offerings, I'd be happy to do so.

Until then, this blog will have to serve.

"Our necessities are few, but our wants are endless." -George Bernard Shaw




No comments: