Saturday, January 31, 2009

365 Project: January

I've completed the first month of the 365 photo challenge. I find I'm looking at the world in a different way, searching for interesting angles and different perspectives, trying to balance images of both my personal and professional life.


The photo that received the most views and comments in January was Snowflakes and Shadows.


My personal favorite was Spirit of the Library. If the powers that be don't take care of my library and students after I retire, I WILL haunt them!


You can see a slideshow of all 31 photos here.

The two groups to which I contribute are 365/2009 and 2009/365.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had that kind of commitment! I can barely stay on top of my weekly digital scrapbook sketch challenges!

diane said...

Karlana,

This is really so easy - I never leave the house without my trusty little digital camera.

It only takes a few minutes to upload the pictures, add a description, tag, and send to the two groups.

Sometimes the only real problem is deciding which photo to use.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Nice mosaic! I am working on mine today. You've got some great shots this month.

diane said...

Cloudscome,

Thanks. I'm trying to balance winter scenes with quirkier shots. You have a nice mix in your mosaic.

Paul C said...

A wonderful start, with winter and its firm grasp, a recurring theme. I also like your 'Tiny Poems' collection on your sidebar. With a click you can see a larger image. A feature of Flickr to write the copy and create this?

Looking forward to your next 28 for February.

diane said...

Thank you, Paul.

I use Picnik to create the tiny poems, then upload them to a Flickr set. I searched online for Blog widgets after seeing them mentioned somewhere and found one for displaying a Flickr set.

Hoping to expand my horizons in February - already on the trail of some gargoyles!