Monday, March 28, 2011

Look at the Edges


Photography continues to simultaneously expand and focus my vision, frequently bringing insights that are applicable to other areas of interest.

Yesterday, my husband and I spent an hour or so near - but not on - frozen Lake George, NY. We both needed some fresh air and exercise, and I wanted a subject for my 365 project.

Some of the most engaging shots I found were on the edges: a transition from sunlight to shadow, the line where ice became water became shore.

Contrast, change, the tension between opposing concepts, all present the opportunity for perceptual growth.

At the edge, there is challenge, sometimes even danger. But that is where the excitement lies, and that is where new understandings originate...in photography, and in life.




"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew." -Guillaume Apollinaire



"On the Edge" by dmcordell

No comments: