Wednesday, March 27, 2013

National Poetry Month: Walk With Nature

Inaugurated by the Academy of American Poets in 1996, National Poetry Month is now held every April, when schools, publishers, libraries, booksellers, and poets throughout the United States band together to celebrate poetry and its vital place in American culture. Thousands of organizations participate through readings, festivals, book displays, workshops, and other events. -Poets.org

As I have done for the past few years, I've created a slideshow in honor of National Poetry Month.

My first effort, Poems In Words and Images, featured a combination of my own and Creative Commons photographs:


Last year, I challenged myself to only use my original images to construct Picturing Poetry:


This year, I've selected verses based on a nature theme, pairing them with photos from my Flickr photostream. I hope you enjoy Walk With Nature:


"Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance." -Carl Sandburg

No comments: