Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Twitter Poll for the Future Mr. & Mrs. Burell

Clay Burellkatb
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." -Mignon McLaughlin


dmcordell dmcordell @cburell @katb @all Clay made remark about only getting married once. So Twitter poll: how long have you been married? In Sept 35 yrs.for us.

Ann Oro njtechteacher @dmcordell 20 years in September.

Penelope M peneli @dmcordell 1 year 9 months... 2 years end of May for us. but then we dated for 8 years first.

Damian Bariexca garageflowers @dmcordell We're the new kids on the marriage block: married 4 yrs, 3 mos.

Ethan Bodnar ethanbodnar @dmcordell zero

Peter Rock petrock @dmcordell RE: twitter poll on marriage - ~7.5 years.





“Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love.” –Shakespeare




4 comments:

CB said...

Awww....

I'm speechless, so that means I can't say anything but thanks :)

Kathryn said...

"Falling in love with the same person over and over again"...is something unfortunately I was unaware of when I married the first time. It was abusive from the first week, the marriage lasted 25 years. Yes, there were warning signs from the before the wedding: my family didn't like him, my friends didn't like him and those that I respected within our church told me "he has issues he needs to deal with before you take your vows". I told my fiancee' what I was told...I felt it was my "duty" to do so. His reply to me "We'll get married when we planned to or the wedding is off!"

My lack of action is something I'll always regret. However, I am remarried to the most wonderful romantic man in the world. Never did it enter my mind that a marriage could be like this. Joy is what is within my heart with this man. He was a precious gift from 'above'/

diane said...

Clay,

It was my pleasure. Never attended a wedding before in nightgown & robe!

Peace4Lady2,

I'm so glad that your story has a happy outcome. May you have 25 wonderful years together to balance the 25 of unhappiness before you found each other.

diane

Anonymous said...

Diane,

Your kind words meant a great deal and I am very appreciative. Thank you so much.

It still amazes me that my life changed so drastically with the most precious "gift" I've ever been given...my husband.