Saturday, March 28, 2009

Special Greetings for a Special Person

One of the first blogs I ever read was Joyce Valenza's NeverEndingSearch. Her school website provides valuable instructional resources; her wikis address hot topics like copyright/fair use, digital storytelling, and information fluency.

When I got the chance to attend one of Joyce's presentations in 2007, I was happy to discover that, in addition to being an accomplished writer, she is a dynamic, entertaining lecturer.



I received an unexpected invitation from Dr. Valenza to join a panel of librarians at NECC 2008


and plan to be on her team of volunteers at the AASL (American Association of School Librarians) conference in Charlotte, NC in November 2009.

I have learned so much from Joyce Valenza about the challenges and rewards of being a school librarian in the 21st century. It gives me great pleasure to send birthday greetings her way today.



2 comments:

JoyceValenza said...

Diane,
I am incredibly flattered by your generous post. Thank you for your kindness. It's nice to learn that your words have a little impact in the universe.

Thank YOU also for sharing your beautiful words and images with the world.

We will rock AASL!

joyce

diane said...

Joyce,

We Library Goddesses have to stick together! I can't wait to be reunited with some of our NECC team and meet in person the other school librarians who have become new friends through online interaction.

Hope your celebration is a joyous one!