Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day 2010

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." -Native American Proverb



"The poetry of the earth is never dead." -John Keats



"What would the world be, once bereft Of wet and wildness? Let them be left, O let them be left, wildness and wet, Long live the weeds and the wildness yet." -Gerard Manley Hopkins




"All I want is to stand in a field and to smell green, to taste air, to feel the earth want me, without all this concrete hating me." -Phillip Pulfrey



"I will be the gladdest thing under the sun. I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one." -Edna St. Vincent Millay



"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." -John Muir



"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum



All photos by Diane Cordell

No comments: