Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lolita in the Library, Vampires on the Shelves, and Gay Penguins in the Zoo

"Oh, my Lolita, I have only words to play with!" -Humbert Humbert, Lolita (by Vladimir Nabokov)

In a chance Twitter conversation with Clay Burell today, he happened to remark that his blog was still getting traffic based on a discussion of Lolita, originally posted April 10, 2008. When I joked about pumping up my stats by finally reading and discussing the book, he mentioned a "Teachers as Blogging Vampires" post that also draws people doing a keyword search of "vampires."

Obviously, if I included both words, I might attract (trick?) more people to Journeys.

Now that you're here :-) I feel obligated to provide value. I refer you to two prior postings:

Thanks for the inspiration, Clay!


"The fact is that censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates, in the end, the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." -Henry Steele Commager



"lolita" by brainware3000

1 comment:

Kim said...

You brought me here, but I've been by before! :)