Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wordle Meme


TJ Shay just tagged me for a Meme. Participants are required to create a Wordle using their blog and/or Del.icio.us account.

There were some technical issues on my end, so Terry was kind enough to plug my blog address into the proper box on the Wordle site, then email me the result, shown above.

Taken out of context, some of the words might give a slightly skewed impression of the "mission" of my blog: Salvation and Army appeared in my posting on that worthy organization; "Angels" refers to the tragic fire at Our Lady of the Angels School, which I remembered here.

My affiliation with CyberSmart! and preoccupation with "students" "school" "Internet" "sites" are evident.

Yet, since the majority of my postings center on education, I decided to produce an additional, more focused Wordle, shown below. I highlighted two groupings of words which I found significant, the "society/success" grouping and the "students" cluster. Due to firewall issues at school, I was only able to copy and edit a thumbnail version. You can link to the original here.



The postings used to create this second Wordle were:

Memes are meant to be shared, so I'm inviting any who visit here to try their hand at creating a Wordle. It's a handy tool for both analysis and creative endeavors.


Wordle images created at http://www.wordle.net/. Images of Wordles are licensed .

6 comments:

samccoy said...

Very cool Diane! I am bookmarking this blog post to the Diigo WORDLE group. Great explanations.

diane said...

Thank you! As soon as I get Wordle unblocked at school, I hope to do some student projects. They will love it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jhonson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nickson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.