Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts... is intended to help educators take advantage of the "ways in which this new Internet can enhance their own practice and their students' learning" ("Blogs, Wikis...", p.5).
I've already started to change my blog to reflect some of Richardson's key characteristics of Weblogs:
- frequent updates
- hotlinks to sites mentioned in the blog
- interaction with others (challenging to implement, with so many excellent blogs online - maybe send a link to my BOCES Listserv inviting other SLMS to respond to my posts? Also need to comment on other bloggers' postings that I read and enjoy)
- inclusion of graphics, photos, video, and audio files (hopefully this will expand as my class gets underway next school year)
- provision of professional credentials and experience to validate reliability and accuracy of postings (get to work on "About Me"!)
- additional features, like a link list to favorite blogs, sites or web pages