Saturday, January 2, 2010

Flickr Badge Generator

Many members of my PLN have decided to participate in a 365 Challenge, taking and posting new photos at regular intervals.

Although some people choose to set up a unique blog for the project, I found it easiest to upload and tag my images in Flickr sets, separate ones for each calendar month and an additional set for the entire year.

If you're a blogger and decide to use Flickr for the Challenge, it's fun to add a badge to your site. Just go to the Make a Badge page and follow the simple directions.

"There are two types of badge to choose from: HTML or Flash. You will be able to select to display things from your own collection, one of your groups, or everyone's uploads. You can also filter any of these options by a tag, if you wish."

Be sure to tag your photographs and send them to your group(s). I also share my "picture of the day" on Facebook, Plurk, and Twitter.

5 comments:

Paul C said...

I appreciate this overview of Flickr and some of its features. I am tempted to join but I must first learn how to take good pictures.

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

That's cool... I was glad to see you continue your 365 photo hobby into 2010!

diane said...

Paul,

The beauty of digital cameras is that you can take multiple shots for later selection and editing. I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to improve, just that even early efforts are surprisingly effective.



Jackie,

You should join a group, too - your hiking/snowshoeing photos are amazing! (I still haven't learned how to use my new camera)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was searching for!Just wanna remark that you have a very nice site, I enjoy the design and style it actually stands out.
website design

diane said...

Thanks. I revisit this posting myself every January 1 to refresh my memory about how to display the new year's 365 photos.